An Oracle Certification is a professional validation of your skills related to databases, cloud, app development, and others. Apart from industry-wide recognition of your skills, this certification has other perks such as better salaries and greater job satisfaction.
But the age-old debate still holds – is a certification necessary? Historical data & trends suggest that certifications can get you from where you are to and where you want to be in an efficient & quick way. So, if you want to know more about Oracle training & certifications to boost your IT career then this blog is for you!
What Does It Mean To Be Oracle Certified?
Simply put, an Oracle Certification is an official recognition of your skills specific to Oracle services & products. These certifications can be leveraged to pursue lucrative career paths in the tech industry.
Oracle training & certifications that can be divided into 6 levels:
- Oracle Certified Junior Associate (OCJA): Beginner-level certification for high school & college students and professors that teach foundational Java and computer science classes.
- Oracle Certified Associate (OCA): Associate-level certification that ensures fundamental know-how of Oracle products & services.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP): Professional-level certification that validates a high level of knowledge and skills related to Oracles products & services. OCA credentials are required to pursue OCP.
- Oracle Certified Master (OCM): Master-level certification that validates the top-level knowledge of individuals that solve the most difficult questions and the most complex problems using Oracle products & services. The OCM exam is very difficult and requires OCA & OCP credentials.
- Oracle Certified Expert (OCE): Expert-level certification that validates skills related to advanced or niche technologies specific to Oracle products & services. IT does not require OCA, OCP or OCM credentials but builds on the knowledge of these certifications.
- Oracle Certified Specialist (OCS): Specialist-level certification focused on specific products or skill sets
The Different Types Of Oracle Certifications
Depending on the field you want to build a career in, you can choose from any of these nine certification programs offered by Oracle:
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Enterprise Management
- Oracle Industries
- Oracle Java and Middleware
- Oracle Operating Systems
- Oracle Systems
- Oracle Virtualization
What Are Oracle Applications and Cloud Certifications?
Oracle has created these certifications for professionals who are experts at selling and implementing specific Oracle solutions. This category contains 60+ individual credentials spread across 13 products such as E-Business Suite, Siebel, Oracle Commerce, Hyperion, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and PeopleSoft.
Oracle Cloud is a relatively new certification domain launched by Oracle. It covers Java Cloud and other Oracle Cloud certifications such as:
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- SaaS – ERP
- SaaS – HCM
- SaaS – EPM
- SaaS – SCM
- SaaS – CX
What Are Oracle Database Certifications?
The Oracle Database certifications are beneficial for professionals who work with or develop Oracle Databases. You can choose from these categories of Oracle Dba training & certifications:
- Oracle Database
- High Availability
- New Features
- MySQL Database Administration
- MySQL Developer
Other Oracle Certifications
The magnitude and depth of Oracle certifications are unparalleled. Apart from the certifications mentioned above, you can go for certifications related to:
- Enterprise Management
- Java and Dev Tech
- Business Intelligence
- Operating Systems
The Benefits Of Oracle Certifications
When you consider that 97% of Global Fortune 500 companies currently use Oracle software, it is clear that Oracle certifications are more than just beneficial, they can potentially propel you up the corporate ladder & help you land better job opportunities. But wide implementation does not necessarily mean that there are plenty of certified individuals who can do the job.
Here’s a starting salary comparison of two of the most popular Oracle certifications in India:
- OCA Applications Developer: ₹600,000 to ₹700,000
- OCP DBA: ₹800,000 to ₹900,000
Most Oracle certifications cost $125 (₹9,300), it’s clear that money spent on Oracle dba training & certification can be worth it.
The Training Resources That You Should Consider
You can prepare for your Oracle certification exam on your own by referring to various online resources. But if you’re a working professional who doesn’t have much time, you’d be better off consulting IT training experts. They offer Oracle training on demand and other such benefits.
There you have it! We hope this article helps you choose the best Oracle certifications that work for you.